Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Quite Some Time

An-neong-ha-se-yo?

I'd rather not call it a gap or a pause, but perhaps a respite or a break.

Regardless of your word of choice, however, I admit that I have not posted in quite some time.

This is partly because I was watching too many Korean talk shows after work for a while there and partly because a lot of aspects of life here have started to seem normal, making it difficult to find inspiration amidst the routine.

However, going back home for a couple weeks after Christmas and seeing many family members and friends, I was confronted a couple of times on my recent lack of recent updates.

Rather than going back and trying to cover past ground, I'll just start fresh from the present, perhaps throwing down a few flashbacks from the past, perhaps just pressing on from here.

Today's post: in pictures.

* * *

Continuously Chilly

 The sunrise, captured from the parking lot at school,
 shortly after 8am. 

 The high school I teach at is being remodeled, so we are
 temporarily sitting in a computer lab in the dormitory building.
 The students are on winter vacation, so I have no classes to teach. 

 After work, walking across the bridge.  They're getting
 the ice ready for skating and what looks like
 a kids' hockey tournament. 

 Leftover snow remains in shady spots, but
 new snow hasn't fallen in quite a while now. 
* * *

Year by Year

 I signed another contract last week -- now planning
 to continue teaching in the same town, but at
 a different high school, until February 25, 2016. 
* * *

Weekend Outing

 Out for lunch on Sunday with a couple of the wiser teachers
 from school (left: art teacher,right: retired science teacher). 

 It was a cloudy day, but we enjoyed the view walking
 around outside the Animation Museum in Chuncheon. 
* * *

Personal Pizza

 So this is what happens when you get to know
 the owner of a local pizza & chicken place! 


 I met these two ladies through one of the teachers here
 at school (right: restaurant owner, center: her friend). 

* * *

Radio Broadcast


 It just so happened that the restaurant owner's husband
 (not pictured) volunteers as head of the
 local radio program. 

 He invited me to be interviewed on the air.  Luckily, I was
 allowed to write down my answers to the questions ahead of time
 and just read them out... since it was conducted in Korean! 

 Funny how nerve wracking it was, being that there were only
 three people in the room!  Anyway, the interview is scheduled
 to be uploaded on February 1st.  I'll send you the link then! 
* * *

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment