Sunday, February 1, 2015

Local Broadcast

Hi there!

As I mentioned in the previous post, I was invited to participate in a broadcast on a local, volunteer-run radio program.  The broadcast has now been edited and uploaded!  For those who are curious, here's how to find it:

       1. Go to http://www.ygccfm.com
       2. Click on the green square (if it isn't already selected)
       3. Click on the blue, triangle "play" button next to the line with the word "caren" in it
       4. Skip to 25:09 and listen through until you hear the transition music (around 33:03)


The way that "Karen" is spelled, "caren," sort of indicates the way I feel about the broadcast after hearing the final version.  It was a really fun experience, but something always seems a bit off when listening to yourself talk like that!

Also, I had prepared written answers to the questions, as I was told that reading them would suffice, but upon listening back, I wished I would've been brave enough (it was surprisingly nerve-wracking, even with the lack of a physical audience, just knowing that my voice was on record!) to speak out of the box a bit, and perhaps pick up the tempo a tad.

  Getting something ready to read was quite a task
  in and of itself!  I wrote what I thought might work first,
  then Jihoon helped me to work out the kinks.  

Regardless, this was my first broadcast and I did it almost entirely in a foreign language.  So, while I wouldn't exactly say that it's super smooth around the edges, I would say that the completion of the 'cast is cause enough for cheers.



For those who'd like to follow along while listening, click the link below to see a script (Korean) alongside a rough translation (English)...


Enjoy!

* * *

Thanks for listen/read-ing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment