Saturday, August 23, 2014

Summer Break

A week off for Summer Break and I spent it... Guess where!  In Seoul!  I stayed with a couple of old friends and saw a few new sites in the suburbs of the big city.  You can read the rest in pictures...

(Click to enlarge)

Road to Seoul 

 The city that once housed my everyday life --
 reflecting while riding in on the bus. 

Suwon

 Out the window of a university friend's apartment.  Somehow,
 the view seemed so similar to the first apartment I stayed in. 

 Hiking up the hill to a UNESCO World Heritage site,
 the Suwon Fortress. 

 Peering out as we stopped for a shade break. 

 A sign saying how many km away we
 were from several major cities all over the world.
 I think New York was around 11,000 km. 

 And a bell to ring.  3 rings for a dollar. 

 Back down in the city, some interesting wall art. 

 A decorated side street. 

 These two warriors were doing some sort of sword
 fighting demonstration when they paused for "Photo Time."
 I tried not to get too close.  

 Kids playing hard on a sunny afternoon. 

 An E.T. mural.  Is it just me or does this picture
 have some similarities with the one just before it? 

Bundang 

 Hiking a mountain, seeing the city. 

 Also seeing an ancient fortress. 

 Seoul

 I stopped by one of my favorite places in the city, Olympic Park,
 near where I lived for the longest, before heading home.  This
 photo was taken while riding a rented bicycle in the rain.
 Good to think back on old times.
 Nice to continue on with new. 

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment